My father, Gordon E. Groome, Sr., passed away on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. His 93 years can be summarized as follows:
1. Loving husband of the late Phyllis Klair Groome for 54 years
2. Graduate of Columbia High School and Millersville State Teachers College
3. Served in the United States Army during World War II in the Italian Campaign
4. Worked at WGAL-TV for 30 years as a sound technician
5. Was a kind, gentle and humble man who wanted to help people
6. Beyond being a baptized Christian, he was a lifelong committed Christian who lived a true Christian life.
7. He was a perfect father to his son Gordie and daughter-in-law Linda
8. Dad, you gave me two important things:
a. your unconditional love and
b. a set of values to live by
Thank you, Dad, we love you.
We ask that friends remember him by simply doing a kind deed.
According to my father's wishes there will be no funeral or memorial service.
Arrangements by, The Clyde W. Kraft Funeral Home, Inc., Columbia/Landisville www.cwkraftfh.com